Saturday 19 July 2014

Welcome

My interests in history have a very broad range. I like all periods, but some more than others.
The main focus of this blog is to discuss from Palaeolithic right through to the end of the middle ages. Yes, a massive time frame!
I also teach about the Tudors, so no doubt there will be a few posts out of the timeframe stated.
 

Why history?
History is relevant in every aspect of our lives. Every tradition we have has deep set roots in the past. Our towns have Roman, Saxon and Norman names. My love for history started as a child. I would watch films with amazement. Often those films were historically flawed, but it didn't matter. the clothes, the houses, the food, the transport, the lack of hygiene. I was amazed at how different my life was. 

Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment